9.14.2005

Restaurant Review #63: Wahoo's Fish Taco, Santa Monica

Wahoo's Fish Taco is essentially a fast food chain, but it was new to me when I moved out here.

What's the big deal about fish tacos? I've heard people sing their praises before. I suppose that tacos are usually on the heavy side, and made with the right kind of fish, a fish taco would be refreshingly light, not to mention a bit healthier. But fast food fish?

I ordered just one fish taco to test the waters. Oddly, it was wrapped in two white corn tortillas. Is this standard Wahoo's practice or was it an accident or the work of a quirky line cook? Two tortillas is way too much tortilla, though it does keep any sauces, grease, or juices from leaking through and making a mess on your hands. The fish itself wasn't very flavorful, and the taco was quite small, especially for the price. Overall, Wahoo's signature menu item relies too heavily on the accompanying salsas for flavor and isn't big enough to sate anyone's appetite.

Wahoo's Fish Taco

418 Wilshire Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90401
310.393.9125

1 comment:

elmomonster said...

I don't like Wahoo's fish tacos either. Although I do like their beef enchiladas and that ahi rice....though not so much that I go there often.