8.15.2005

Restaurant Review #50: 18th Street Coffee House, Santa Monica

This casual, spacious coffee house has both indoor and outdoor seating. It is neither corporately friendly nor independently hostile. The floors are cement, and the wrought-iron tables have mosaic tops. There are also booths and a fountain. I haven't properly experienced this place yet: I ordered an iced decaf (boring) and went on a Wednesday at 6pm (not a time likely to have many patrons). It was pretty empty. The music was a bit loud, and the bathroom was spacious. If I were to take a date to a coffee house, I would not pick this one as it's not cozy or romantic in any way. I believe they had some meal food in addition to coffee and dessert. If I visit again, I'll give you a more in-depth review.


18th Street Coffee House

1725 Broadway
Santa Monica, CA 90404
310-264-0662

Other Area Coffee Shop Reviews:
Cacao
Literati Cafe
Unurban
Anastasia's Asylum
The Talking Stick

No comments: