9.14.2005

Restaurant Review #56: Abbot's Habit, Venice

I love Abbot's! I particularly like their blended mochas and bagels. They also serve baked goodies and sandwiches. Abbot's was a favorite lunch spot of a place I used to work.

The place is extremely casual and very Venice. If you want to get an immediate feel for this part of town, Abbot's is a great place to check out. It's not pretentious at all, and even during business hours is not populated by business types (but of course it's not, this is Venice), but rather by people who look like they're either coming from or going to the beach.

One of the many joys of this not being a corporate coffee shop is that your food may be a bit different each time you order it. The employees tend to do quirky things like make double or triple decker peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I like a place that doesn't roboticize its workers.

Sometimes the service is a bit slow, but not slow enough to stop me from visiting.

Cons: People sit outside with their dogs and take up the whole sidewalk. This is mainly a con because I am afraid of dogs. If you have a dog or like them, this would be a pro. Even though I don't like dogs, I like that the place is laid-back and allows them (inside I'm not sure about).

Abbot's Habit
1401 Abbot Kinney Blvd (at California)
Venice, CA 90291
(310) 399-1171

No comments: